SCDD Sacramento Office
Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) Meetings
- Regional Advisory Meeting Calendar (RAC 2020)
- Regional Advisory Committee, December 17, 2019, 10:00am- 1:00pm
- Regional Advisory Committee, October 15, 2019, 10:00am-1:00pm (Agenda/Packet)
- Regional Advisory Committee, August 20, 2019, 10:00am-1:00pm (Agenda/Packet)
- Regional Advisory Committee, June 4, 2019, 10:00am- 2:00pm (Agenda/Packet)
- April 16, 2019, 10:00 am- 2:00 pm (Agenda/Packet)
- February 12, 2019, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (Agenda/Packet)(Events/Additional Information)
Regional Advisory Committee – Location: 3841 N. Freeway Blvd., Suite 165, Sacramento CA 95834
- December 11, 2018, 10:00 am- 1:00 pm (Agenda/Packet)(Revised) | Handout
Location: 3831 N. Freeway Blvd., Suite 125, Sacramento CA 95834
- October 23, 2018, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (Agenda/Packet)
3831 N. Freeway Blvd., Suite 125, Sacramento, CA 95834
- July 17, 2018, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Packet (1/2) | Packet (2/2) | Handout
Arden-Dimick Public Library, Community Room, 891 Watt Ave, Sacramento, CA 95854
Program Development Grant Cycle 41 (2018-2019)
Get Safe (Health and Safety, Goal #4): The primary goal of Safety Training And Risk Reduction (STARR) curriculum is to provide information and strategies that will change mindsets on behalf of law enforcement, community agencies and persons with I/DD when they encounter each other, thereby directly reducing negative outcomes. STARR is a three-tier model of education is specifically designed to impact systemic change by providing valuable and useful information, regarding prevention, crisis intervention, and recovery. Law enforcement officers are trained on how to better recognize, engage and respond to persons with disabilities. This will be accomplished through total of (6) courses: (1) 16-hour Peace Officers Standards Training (POST) law enforcement courses, (3) 2-hour consumer courses and (2) 2-hour family/support personnel courses during the course of the funding period. If you have any questions or would like to participate in one of these trainings, please contact us at email@example.com.
Get Safe – Safety Training and Risk Reduction (Flyer)
Deliverables from Program Development Grant Cycle 39
Peer Advocacy Connection-Supported Life Institute
Proposal Narrative: A visual narrative of college experiences of students with developmental disabilities through video interviews of up to 120 students who are currently in college, graduate school, certificate program, looking for work or are employed. The main goal of this project is to create a visual experience road map for college students with developmental disabilities so they can learn self-advocacy and other tools to be more successful in college and employment.
- An animated video on Transition-aged students! Get information and inspiration for going to college.
- College Students and Professionals with Disabilities, YouTube Channel Video Library.
- Success in College: Advice and Strategies from College Students and College Graduates who have Developmental Disabilities, produced by Supported Life Institute.
- Success in the Workplace: Advice and Strategies from Professionals who have Developmental Disabilities
Training and Community Events
- Independent Facilitator Training for the Self-Determination Program, Sacramento, November 9, 2019 9AM-3PM. (Flyer)
- “Meet Me – Meet individuals in your community with developmental disabilities”, a publication on Inclusion published by the Sacramento News & Review and sponsored by 25 community organizations. (PDF)
- Sacramento News & Review – “From isolation to inclusion” – Follow up on the “Meet Me” Publication
- 24th Annual Statewide Self-Advocacy Conference,”Build Your Own Toolkit for Self-Advocacy”, May 3-4, 2019, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Sacramento. (Click here for more information – http://www.supportedlife.org)
- 33rd Annual Supported Life Conference, October 10-11, 2019, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Sacramento. (Click here for more information – http://www.supportedlife.org)
- NICU Family Symposium – November 16, 2019, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM (Flyer)
- Community Resource List for Education Advocacy – (See attached)
- ADRC 2019 Conference Grass Valley- (Flyer)
- Folsom Runway 19 (Flyer)