Self Advocates Advisory Committee
Be a Voice for all Californians with disabilities by promoting State Council participation and peer advocacy that advances independence and inclusion.
What We Do
- Speak up for people with disabilities
- Learn about issues important to people with disabilities
- Advise State Council and staff on issues the affect us
- Share information about our rights
- Assist people with disabilities to be on Boards and committees
- Participate in and lead regional and statewide advocacy groups/networks
SAAC minutes are available online once approved (typically at the following Council meeting). Date, time and location of all SAAC meetings are subject to change. Check the SCDD website for all future updates. For further information, please contact the Council office.
- Jeana Eriksen, Chairperson
- Nicole Adler
- Sandra Aldana
- Julio Garnica
- Matthew Lagrand
- Maria Marquez
- Kara Ponton
- Rosanna Ryan
- Wesley Witherspoon
Self Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE) is the self-advocacy organization of the United States. Our non-profit advocacy organization is run by a board of self-advocates representing 9 regions of the country.