SCDD NORTH COAST OFFICE
- North Coast Regional Advisory Committee Meeting – April 27, 2018 (Agenda)
- North Coast Regional Advisory Committee Meeting – February 23, 2018 (Agenda)
- North Coast Regional Advisory Committee Meeting – October 26, 2017 (Agenda)
- North Coast Regional Advisory Committee Meeting – August 25, 2017 (Agenda)
- North Coast Regional Advisory Committee Meeting – June 23, 2017 (Agenda)
- CANCELED North Coast Regional Advisory Committee Meeting – April 7, 2017 (Agenda) CANCELED
- North Coast Regional Advisory Committee Meeting – February 3, 2017 (Agenda)
Program Development Grant Cycle 39
- The North Coast Regional Office is not awarding any grants for Program Development Grant Cycle 39.
- North Coast February Newsletter
- David A. Isom Award 2018 Nomination Form
- North Coast July Newsletter
- North Coast March Newsletter
- North Coast August-September Newsletter (PDF)
Through an SCDD North Coast Office grant, budding film maker, William French, directed and produced Directing: ABC No Barriers, a documentary which has been an excellent tool for educating the public and business community about the talents of people with developmental disabilities.
Link to Documentary: Directing: ABC No Barriers
Director: William French
Associate Producers: Freda Zody, Jason Rader, Matt Senften
Documentary Funding provided by: State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) North Coast Office , Community Program Development Grant
About the Director:
William French has high functioning autism, tourettes, and obsessive compulsive disorder. William had a very difficult time during high school and in his twenties because of his diagnosis. The Associate Producer, Freda Zody, originally met William in Junior High where he was bullied and did not fit in well. He has always been interested in the performing arts, so it made sense for him to go on to the Art Academy in San Francisco. He is a very bright man, but he continues to struggle because of his disabilities and his overall health.
- One of the individuals featured – DJ Mark Anthony’s business was helped through a prior Regional Office mini grant and his business is still going strong.
- The program credits this video as being instrumental in acquiring resources for clients: it was shared with software developers to encourage the developers to consider the program (in the video) as a resource to test the software. The program was given access to very sophisticated software for people with autism and other verbal communication difficulties.