Where People Are Served
This page shows average number of regional center consumers receiving services statewide. In the last seven years, almost 700 fewer people are in individual placement supported employment, which is Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE). There are slightly more people in group supported employment, while fewer and fewer people are choosing Work Activity Programs (WAP). Day and look alike day programs have increased a lot, by15,000 people.
Many day and look alike programs offer limited work experience to their clients. However, there is no data on how many clients work through these programs, how many hours a week they work, or what their hourly earnings are.
What this page shows us: Even though people want to work, and we know how to support them to work, the vast majority of service growth has been largely non-work programs. This means that most people who become adults go into non-work programs instead of employment services.
|Fiscal Year||Supported Employment Programs Individual||Supported Employment Programs Group||WAP||Day & Look Alike Programs|
This page displays the data three ways:
- The table above shows the numbers over the past ten years.
- The bar chart below shows how many people are in each service type, with the integrated employment options being a relatively small number at the bottom.
- The line chart below shows that integrated employment options are not going up, sheltered work is going down slowly, and day and look alike programs are increasing rapidly. Therefore, all the growth in working age day services is being absorbed by day and look alike programs.
DATA SOURCE: Footnote: Data from DDS Purchase of Services’ Purchase of Service System Habilitation Services transition FY 08/09 – 11/12, and Habilitation transition FY 12/13 – 15-16. End of footnote.
- RETURN TO DASHBOARD PAGE
- Average Hourly Wage
- Where People Are Served
- How Many Earned Wages
- Average Monthly Earnings
- Education Data
- California Employment Rates
- CA vs US Employment Rates (2014)
- CA vs US Employment Rates (2013)
- CA vs US Employment Rates (2012)
- CA vs US Employment Rates (2011)
- CA vs US Employment Rates (2010)
- Glossary of Terms