SB 639 Resources
- A Framework for Community Engagement – A Pathway to Competitive Integrated Employment
- Office of Disability Employment, NEON Grant, Rick Mcallister Community of Practice, Competitive Integrated Employment
- Customized Employment Replication Guide
- ODESP CA and E1 Retrospective Webinar Resource List
- Why Work is Better (English) (Spanish)
- Community of Practice: Secondary Benefits of CIE
- Factors Influencing the Transition of Individuals with Disabilities to Competitive Integrated Employment. This report released by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) describes (1) factors that help or hinder transition from 14(c) employment to competitive integrated employment, and (2) the extent to which the COVID-19 pandemic might affect this transition.
- Addressing the Needs of Youth with Disabilities and Other Intersecting Identities: State Strategies for Program Implementation. This brief released by CAPE-Youth discusses how states can implement workforce programs to meet the unique needs and leverage the unique strengths of youth and young adults with disabilities who have other intersecting identities (e.g., who belong to a racial minority group or involvement with the justice system). This brief includes policy considerations like adapting existing programs and creating new ones, coordinating with community organizations to enhance services, and developing more culturally responsive workforce staff through targeted hiring and training.
Creation of the Employment First Advisory Partnership (EFAP) composed of PWD, family members, advocates, self-advocates, service providers and 5 state departments. Our legislatively defined task was to create a strategic plan to reduce state specific barriers to employment and to revise and implement that plan over time. The EFAP’s legislatively-defined mission was time-limited and was extended indefinitely last year (SB21-095). (View Here)
Certain EFAP members followed up with additional legislation in 2018 (SB18-145 Implement Employment First Recommendations and again in 2019 with a major appropriation which created the Colorado Office of Employment First (COEF) among other EF-related projects. (View Here)
- Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Employment Workgroup Handouts
- Neon Report
Additional Resources and Technical Assistance Information